Think of your website as your online storefront. Just as the cleanliness and display of any business will make an impression on a customer, your website is the starting point of your reputation in the online world. This is why it’s so crucial not only to invest in professional website design but also to continuously have your site updated throughout the years.
You don’t want to leave anything on the table when it comes to website design and functionality. Why? Because your website is the single most powerful tool you have in the digital world.
Five signs that it’s time to update or invest in a new website design include:
- You have static content. If you don’t have a blog or anything that’s regularly generating content, then what reason do visitors have to come back to your site? Unless they’re hardcore customers, an online store isn’t enough to keep people consistently coming back or to make your site more readily accessible to search engines. Chances are that you’ll want to add a blog to your site and invest in content marketing, but a new layout is most certainly welcomed as well.
- It isn’t mobile friendly. Did you know that over 130 million Americans own and use a smartphone on a daily basis? With all sorts of mobile devices increasing in popularity, browsing the web is no longer limited to desktops. It’s vital to ensure that your site is mobile friendly and is strategically designed to convert mobile consumers. Is your site actively reaching these users?
- Engagement isn’t where you want it to be. Whether it’s click-through-rates or how well online visitors convert into paying customers, perhaps you’re not getting the results that you wanted. If this is the case, chances are that your site is outdated and needs to be redesigned to be competitive in today’s market. This includes strategic content that will create compelling CTAs as well as eye-catching design to push consumer activity.
- Your competitor just got a new site. You always want to stay ahead of the curve, not behind it. If your competitors are getting new sites, then it’s time to consider updating yours as well. One of the positive aspects, however, is that you can find inspiration from their sites and incorporate the best aspects of your own.
- Your brand has evolved. From major technology providers to the car industry, brands have a long history of evolving with the market. If your company has evolved and your website doesn’t depict that growth, then it’s time to update your online image as well.
If you are looking for new website design in Florida, Dsquared Media’s expert webs designers and developers can help. Call now to speak with one of our trained professionals 561-654-0237 or contact us online.